When you add a post in WordPress that contains images, the images appear as broken links in the post body. This article describes how to resolve a problem that may occur when you try to add images to a WordPress post.
To resolve this problem, you must set the correct file permissions. Specifically, the wp-content/uploads directory, as well as all subdirectories beneath it, must have their file permissions set to 755. Additionally, all files in these directories must have their file permissions set to 644.
To change the permissions for a file or directory, follow these steps:
1. Log in to cPanel.
2. In the FILES section of the cPanel home screen, click File Manager:
3. In the File Manager main window, select the WP directory:
4. Click on wp-content directory:
5. Click the Permissions button:
6. Then set the correct (755) permission for Upload directory: