In this article, you will find information about how to install WordPress on a subdomain using cPanel and Softaculous.
Before installing WordPress, you must create the subdomain in cPanel. Follow the steps described in this article to create a subdomain.
Login to cPanel and go to Softaculous apps installer section on the home screen.
Click any of the options under Categories. You will see the Softaculous installer page.
Note: Click the option under Categories, to start the Softaculous installer.
- Type WordPress in the Search text box and then press Enter.
- Click Install. You will see the installation page.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select Http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box select the subdomain that you created.
- Do not enter any text in the In-Directory text box.
- In the Site Name text box, type the site name. When users visit your site it appears in the title bar of their browser by default.
- In the Site Description text box, type the site description. When users visit your site the site description appears in the title bar of their browser by default.
- Select the checkbox, to enable the WordPress Multisite feature.
- In the Admin Username text box, type the administrator username.
- In the Admin Password text box, type the administrator password.
Note:Try to choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer ranks your password and turns green when the password is strong. You can also click the key icon next to the Admin Password text box, and Softaculous will create a strong, random password for you.
- Enter the site administrator e-mail address in the Admin Email text box.
- Select the default language of application in the Select Language list box.
- Under Select Plugin(s), select the Limit Login Attempts checkbox, to limit the number of login attempts.
Note: By limiting the number of logins attempts you can increase the security of your WordPress installation.
Click the + icon to expand Advanced Options.
Enter the name of the database in the Database Name text box or accept the default value.
Enter the database table prefix in the Table Prefix text box or accept the default value.
If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications check box.
Note: Hostimul recommends to turn on notifications about available updates. By keeping your site updated you will prevent unauthorized access attempts and data loss.
- If you select the Auto Upgrade checkbox the application will automatically update when updates are available.
- If you select the Auto Upgrade WordPress Plugins checkbox plugins will automatically update when updates are available.
- If you select the Auto Upgrade WordPress Themes checkbox the themes will automatically update when updates are available.
- You can select a location to store application backups in the Backup Location list box.
- In the Automated backups list box, you can select if Softaculous will make periodic backups of your application.
- In the Backup Rotation list box, you can select how often Softaculous overwrites the oldest backup file with a new backup file.
- Type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to the text box.and you will be able to receive site configuration information after the installation is complete.
- Before start installation read the installation options and settings. Softaculous will provide information about the WordPress configuration when the installation is complete.
- Use your web browser to visit the subdomain you created in the previous procedure. You should see the WordPress home page.